Did you know that almost 50% of all food waste comes from households? Let’s do something to reduce this statistic!
Food Sharing needs YOU to help us deliver sustainable cooking classes to communities all over Edinburgh. By teaching people basic and flexible recipes, we can give them the confidence to enjoy cooking healthy meals and reduce their food waste at home
About the Opportunity
- Food Sharing Edinburgh runs fun and interactive sustainable cooking classes to teach people no-waste cooking techniques. Our aim is to teach people three simple, versatile recipes to help them waste less and facilitate a discussion around sustainable food.
- Your role would be to facilitate at least two workshops for groups of no more than 8 participants at a time. You will be delivering these workshops with another volunteer.
- The role of a cooking workshop facilitator is essential for empowering people in Edinburgh to become confident cooks who are mindful of food waste.
- You’ll receive training from an experienced chef and gain experience of running a workshop, which is great for your CV.
Skills and Experience required
- Good verbal communication
- Basic cooking skills are desirable
This role will involve at least 10 hours of volunteering time between September 2018 and December 2018.
- A cooking skills training session on the 3rd September, 13th September or 18th September from 5.45pm – 8.30pm in Marchmont. A trained chef will show us how to make three tasty, easy, no-waste meals!
- A discussion facilitation training session on 11th September or 19th September, between 6pm and 8pm at SHRUB. We’ll teach you how to engage participants in the topics of food waste reduction and sustainable food.
- You’ll deliver at least two cooking workshops of an evening between September 2018 and December 2018, with Edinburgh students or community groups. Be aware you’ll also need to allow some time beforehand to pick up ingredients and get to the location!
- This role is fully supported by the Food Sharing Project Coordinator.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
To sign up to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you would like to do this role.
Deadline is Monday 17th September.